Do I need to serve every 18 yr old or older a summon and complaint/unlawful detainer? I named every adult in the complaint.

Asked over 1 year ago - Santa Clara, CA

Is it best to use a process server or a just have a friend serve each of my tenants? May I please get a recommentdation of process server here in Santa Clara? Cheap if not free but great service.

1. James Carl Eschen III

1

1

Best Answer

Answered . You need to serve them all. If you cannot serve them individually, you can serve them by substituted service.

The problems with having friends serve them is that they may not know the protocol and that they have not developed a reputation with the courts. For the cheapest service, try the sheriff.

2. Christine C McCall

Pro

1

Answered . If you find a process server who is free and provides great service, we all hope you will share. None of us have ever seen anything of the kind.