Skip to main content

Do i need to send two separate application for my parents i-130 petition?

Los Angeles, CA |

I am a us citizen. I want to apply i-130 petition for my parents. Do i need two separate application for my parents or one application for my mother or father is enough? If one application is enough who should i apply for mother or father? Which one is easier?

Attorney Answers 3

  1. Best answer

    The law requires you to submit two seperate petitions one I-130 for each parent. Once the I-130 petitions are approved they each need to submit their own application for consular processing (if they are processing outside the US) or adjustment of status (if they are processing in the US).

    Good Luck, Leon

    This answer does not create an attorney client relationship and is not a substitute for actual legal representation.

  2. You need to file two separate I-130d for your mother and father. That's the only way to do it.

    Rekha Garg

  3. You need to file two separate I-130 petitions.

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics