Do I need to send in a "Blue Sheet" regarding a minor accident on private property, no other vehicles were involved.

Asked almost 2 years ago - Llano, TX

My daughter had a minor accident involving a gas pump. She was turning between pump islands, and bumped one of the pumps. It was on private property. Cops were called by station, to document accident. She was given a "blue sheet" to fill out. I assume a police report was filed ???,but no ticket was issued. I talked to my insurance company and the person I talked to said she wouldn't send the blue sheet in because it was a very minor accident, on private property, and didn't involve another vehicle or pedestrian. She said when these blue sheets are recorded, they do not differentiate between this type of accident and more severe accidents, and my come back to haunt her in the future. I don't want to break the law, but also don't want to affect her future insurance costs/availability

1. Daniel Nelson Deasy

1

Answered . Law enforcement told her to do this and there is now a debate. Let an attorney that works in the field of auto accident defense ultimately answer the question for you!

Good luck. Glad no one was hurt.