Do I need to send a photo to the USCIS with my Asylum Application? The instructions do not require that.

Schaumburg, IL |

Do I need to send a photo to the USCIS with my Asylum Application? The instructions do not require that but this is a defensive removal Asylum application. I have a pro bono assistant and she did not ask for my passport style photo but the general instructions say that I need to send a photo. I just do not want my application to come back to me. The instructions for Defensive Asylum application ask only for 3 pages of my application. What happens to the rest of the pages. I don't understand that. Please help me get this.

You can only file the application with the immigration judge at a master hearing. You do need a passport type photo.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

Thank you. You gave me the best answer of all answers I received.

In affirmative I-589 application, we need to send I-589, photo and all other documents. In defensive I-589, which is going to Immigration court, we need to send initially only 3 pages of I-589, attorney or rep form EO something and instructions. I read about it but I am not still sure if I need a passport photo. I know when you file the whole I-589 in affirmative asylum case, which is not going to immigration court, we need to send photos and all other documents. There is a difference for some reason or other.

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

Unfortunately, I do not see the best answer vote Do you know why?

No. but I will do it again.

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

You file the form with the judge and then mail first three pages to the government as indicated in the instructions. IF you do not file with the judge, there will be no application to rely on. If you do not mail the pages there will be no biometric appointment scheduled.

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

If I may suggest. Asylum is VERY complicated thing. You NEED to find a lawyers and a good one because it is defensive.

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

Use the fact that you are in Chicago and find an immigration attorney. I know several good one there.

Yes, I know I need an attorney. I can't afford one. I have reasonable fear so I know the judge will grant me asylum. I read that I will get at the master hearing a date when I will need to file an I-589 with the immigration court. Is it not so? Are you saying that I will need to file this I-589 first with the immigration court? In order for me to show that I filed I-589 one yr after arrival, I need to have an I-589 receipt notice. I have to file my I-589 with Nebraska service first, right? I have a pro-bono office that is helping me but they don't seem to know much, so I am reading about this procedure myself. I can stand in front of judge and defend myself. I know he will believe me once I talk to him. I just need help with administrative filing. Thank you.

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

The change of getting asylum with "reasonable fear" without an attorney in Chicago is good to nothing.

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

I am not kidding

Read the instructions again.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

You need a photo (and an experienced immigration attorney).

Please click the link below for additional information.

---------
Carl Shusterman, Esq.
Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
Schedule a Legal Consultation - Know Your Rights!
600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(213) 394-4554 x0
Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

If you are in court and filing with USCIS in order to get scheduled for fingerprints, no photo is required. However the forms you file with the court and Chief Counsel may need photos.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.