Do I need to send a copy of the filing a motion for the court's permission to sell my house, to all the creditors?

Asked almost 3 years ago - Torrance, CA

I'm in Chpt 13 and I'm filing a motion for the court's permission to sell my house. I have a long list of creditors, both secure and unsecured. Do I send all of them a copy of this filing?

1. John Gerth Merna

Pro

1

Best Answer

Answered . Yes. In addition, you need to file the certificate of service with the court indicated you had notified them.

2. Marco Antonio Torres

Pro

Answered . Yes. Notify all creditors as they may want to be heard regarding the matter and must be provided the date of the hearing to provide an objection if they so choose to file one.

3. Dorothy G Bunce

Pro

Answered . Yes you do need to provide copies of the notice to every creditor listed in your bankruptcy case, as well as the Trustee, as the all creditors have the right to be heard on this issue.

Hope this perspective helps!

4. Michael J Corbin

Answered . Yes.