Do I need to see an immigration lawyer?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Sicklerville, NJ

My dad filed a I130 petition for my brother year 2004. My dad was still a green card holder back then. However, my dad became a citizen few months ago this year (2012) . Was wondering if we need to see a lawyer about this or just wait for the process? What can we do?

1. Gintare Grigaite

3

1

Answered . Yes, you should schedule a consultation. In your situation, and depending which country your brother is from, it may or may not be advisable to remain in the same preference category. So for these reasons, you are much better of speaking with the experienced immigration attorney who could advise you properly.

2. Kenneth A White

Pro

2

1

Answered . You have posted your inquiry in a Family Law Forum (where issues such as divorce are generally addressed). You should re-post your inquiry in an Immigration Law Forum.

Regardless, if you have serious questions concerning immigration you will be best served by scheduling a consultation with an experienced immigration law attorney as soon as possible.

3. Eric M. Mark

Pro

2

Answered . Yes. Facts such as his age, immigration history, criminal history, country of origin and othe issues must be reviewed to determine if be is eligible for a visa what steps need to be taken to obtain the visa.