Do I need to retain an attorney now?

Edgewood, MD |

My 16 year old son has been falsely accused of rape by a 15 year old young lady. My son aswell as others have been questioned by police and as of today no charges have been brought against my son.

Your son needs a lawyer, and should not be speaking with the police at all, certainly not without a lawyer by his side and providing counsel. The police are looking for admissions in order to tie your son to the crime in some fashion (the actual rapist, an accessory or aider and abetter, etc.), and will use every trick in the book to coerce or trap him into saying something that will allow them to charge him as well as others. This is very serious. Hire counsel at once.

2. YES! You hire a criminal defense attorney as soon as possible and do not let your boy be interviewed by anyone until that hire has been made.

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.

3. Rape is among the most serious of accusations. Your son needs an attorney now. Whether or not charges have yet to be brought against him, if the police are investigating, it's serious. He has many rights that need to be protected because anything he tells police can be used against him.

Call an attorney today. There are many excellent criminal defense attorneys on this web site or I would be happy to make a recommendation if you would like to email me.

This is not legal advice nor does it create an attorney-client relationship. This is for education and informational purposes only. It is always recommended that you contact an attorney with any concerns as each individual case is unique.

Violent crime Topics