Do I need to renew deferred action status if adjustment of status already pending?

Asked almost 3 years ago - Seattle, WA

I just would like to confirm whether is necessary to renew deferred action status after I submitted adjustment of status in last November. Adjustment of status is still pending because of the retrogression, but I already had fingerprinting and interview.

I had an approved VAWA petition that granted deferred action status until I am able to adjust status to permanent resident. I already submitted everything for AOS and the application is pending until the priority date becomes current again. I would think this overwrite my previous deferred action status, but wanted to make sure if I still need to do anything with it such as renew it. Without the AOS that would be a requirement.

1. Lisa Monique Okoh-Brown

Answered . I do not know if you are in deferred supervision?