Do I need to real estate lawyer?

Detroit, MI |

My mom put up 1000 to buy a condo in a predominantly white area back in Jan. She went through all of the steps to get the place, loan information (my schooling), credit checks, etc. The real estate agent slow poked around lying to my mom telling her that they "would close this week" over and over. Well, a few days ago a mutual friend of my mom and the real estate agent called and told her the condo was bought in cash from someone else. He sold it from under us. He never called my mom personally to tell her anything. My mom met with the owner today and she apologized and felt so bad because she kept calling the real estate agent for 3 weeks and he hasnt returned her calls, he also gave the owner the wrong number to get in touch with my mom. We have no where to go. What can we do?

1. I don't know what race has to do with this, but if you feel there is a racial issue you can contact the department of Licensing And Regulatory Affairs (LARA) here:

Licensing and Regulatory Affairs
    Ph: (517) 373-1820

They will also tell you how to file a complaint against a realtor, if you so choose.

If you had a valid purchase agreement, satisfied all of the contingencies, including the financing contingency, and were able to close in accordance with the purchase agreement, you can sue for damages, but you may have trouble proving damages.

I would be happy to take a look at all of your paperwork free of charge and give you a recommendation. Feel free to call my office tomorrow, or email me what you have at wbieke@biekelaw.com. I am a licensed attorney as well as a licensed real estate broker. I will be able to point you in the right direction.