Do I need to provide proof of lease agreement even after fulfilling 30 months physical presence to apply US citizenship?

Asked about 2 months ago - Flushing, NY

I'm planning to apply for citizenship after 5 years continuous US stay and 30 months of physical presence. For these full 5 years, I'm staying with my brother in his residence.

For these periods I'll be showing pay stubs.
Should I show mortgage lease too? Is this necessary, since I've already satisfied 30 months of physical presence?
As I'm staying with my brother I don't have mortgage lease.

1. Christina Kan

2

Answered . USCIS will be looking at your tax returns for your proof of presence. They can also look at your pays tubs, bank account statements, credit card statements, car insurance/registration and bills for your physical presence. If you are paying rent to your brother, your brother can provide you with a landlord letter.

2. C. C. Abbott

1

1

Answered . You will need to fill in all of the questions in the new N-400 including details on your past 5 years of work / school and your addresses for the past 5 years. You will also provide tax returns which will ahve your address of residence for the period. Usually that evidence is in itself enough to meet the required proof of physical presence. If more is needed, it will be usually asked for by a RFE or in the notice of interview. Good luck.

3. F. J. Capriotti III

1

1

Answered . No, you don't need to show a lease. The pay stubs, bank statements, tax returns, etc. can prove your physical presence and good moral character.