Do I need to probate a will?

Asked 9 months ago - Red Oak, TX

mom left house to her 3 kids, never been probated, all agree to sell it and divide monies. Do we need to probate will? If so how much?

1. David M. Pyke

Pro

14

Answered . Yes. Unless title co will take affidavit of heirship, probate us the cheapest and quickest solution. I would need more information to quote a fee but 1000 plus costs is a normal fee, no complications.

2. John Gus Zgourides

11

Answered . As Mr. Pyke points out, it may be simple. It may not. More facts are needed.

John Zgourides
    www.zgourides.com

3. Celia R Reed

9

Answered . Yes you will have to probate the will. Call several forms for costs of probate but keep in mind that the lowest quote isn't necessarily the only criteria for hiring an attorney.

4. Cheryl Rivera Smith

6

Answered . You might be able to get an attorney to draw an affidavit of heirship. Go over facts, with the attorney and that may be all that is needed.