Do I need to probate a will?

Red Oak, TX |

mom left house to her 3 kids, never been probated, all agree to sell it and divide monies. Do we need to probate will? If so how much?

1. Yes you will have to probate the will. Call several forms for costs of probate but keep in mind that the lowest quote isn't necessarily the only criteria for hiring an attorney.

Please note that I am answering this question as a service through Avvo but not as your attorney and no attorney-client relationship is established by this posting. An attorney-client relationship can only be established through signing a Fee Agreement and paying the necessary advanced fees.

2. Yes. Unless title co will take affidavit of heirship, probate us the cheapest and quickest solution. I would need more information to quote a fee but 1000 plus costs is a normal fee, no complications.

There is no legal relationship created or implied by the exchange of message on this website. All statements are not to be construed as legal advice but as general guidance. In all cases, an attorney should be retained to review the full circumstances and deliver advice consistent with the information learned.

3. As Mr. Pyke points out, it may be simple. It may not. More facts are needed.

John Zgourides
    www.zgourides.com

My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as legal advice. I give legal advice only in the course of an attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by individual consultation and execution of a written agreement for legal services.

4. You might be able to get an attorney to draw an affidavit of heirship. Go over facts, with the attorney and that may be all that is needed.

Probate topics