Do I need to print my financial statement for my divorce in pink paper?

Worcester, MA |

I downloaded the form from online. I am wondering if I need to print it in pink paper?

Thank you!

1. The financial statement is printed on pink paper so the clerk's office can see it easily. When the clerk files the case, the clerk will pull the financial statements and file them seperately as an impounded document. As an imoounded document, the financial statement is not available to the public. If you don't use pink paper, it will stay in the file and anybody can look at it. Someone could steal your identity if you don't use pink paper.

2. Yes, pink paper. To further protect your identity do not list your social security number.

The information you obtain from this Answer is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. This Answer is for informational purposes only. If you need legal advice regarding your own situation, please consult an attorney.

3. It should be printed on pink paper so it can be easily noticed and removed from the file as necessary to protect the information. I have never had a clerk refuse a financial statement because it was not on pink paper, and often times the form the clerks give you are on white paper. If all you have is white paper, you will not likely have a problem.

DISCLAIMER: This answer is provided in response to a "hypothetical" question and provided for general, informational purposes and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The information presented is not legal advice and may change based additional information and research. It is recommended that you speak to an attorney to discuss your specific legal issues.

4. Unless you make $75,000 or more than your long form financial statement should be printed on purple paper. Under $75,000, you can use the short form and should use pink paper.

The content of this answer should not be relied upon or used as a subsitute for consultation with professional advisors and it should be clearly understood that no attorney-client privilege has been created. A more complete answer and/or more accurate answer can only be provided in a more thorough examination of the facts in a consultation with my firm.