Do I need to personally go to the Harris County Clerk's office to file a general denial answer to a divorce petition?

Houston, TX |

I want to file a general denial answer to a divorce petition from my husband. Do I need to personally take it to the Harris County Clerk's office or can I mail or perhaps Efile it since it is filed at the 310th District Court? I just want to prevent from going default. Can I still hire a lawyer after I file a general denial answer on my own?

1. No, a trip to the courthouse is thankfullly no longer necessary, thanks to electronic filing. Check the Harris County District Clerk's website for instructions on how to do that. And yes, you can still hire an attorney after filing a general denial, but I'd go ahead and get that done pretty quickly.

2. I have a link to the district clerk website with instructions on how to fax file or efile. www.attorneydawnrenken.com