Do i need to pay this parking ticket ?

Wheeling, IL |
Filed under: Parking tickets

I was picking up a friend at the airport and i had to stop my car to call her to ask where she was. I parked my car in a no parking zone for less the 3 minutes. My phone says i made the call at 12:03 and my ticket was made out at 12:03. I was about to drive away before someone gave me a ticket. He wasn't a police officer either. He was the cities tow truck. Do i need to pay this ticket ?

1. Yes your car was illegally parked, per your own statement of facts

2. Yes, you need to pay the ticket. Parking for just a few minutes is not an excuse. The people who give out parking tickets are not generally police officers.

Although AVVO describes this site as providing free legal advice, it is really a simple Q&A forum. The volunteer attorneys provide general answers. No specific legal advice is given here and no attorney-client relationship is established. For precise direction and legal advice, please consult in person with an attorney in your area. Be sure to bring all relevant paperwork with you.

3. Yes you need to pay the parking ticket.

Traffic tickets topics