Do I need to pay fees for a vehicle that was towed if I don't want it back? $1600 is excessive. lawsuit ramifications?

Asked 10 months ago - Tustin, CA

towed 2011, vehicle worth < $500

1. Robert Laurens Driessen

2

Answered . Your question is not clear. Who is charging you the fees. If you had the car financed you would still have to pay those fees even if you no longer own the car.
    Robert Driessen

2. Greg Thomas Hill

1

Answered . This is a question that can be answered with a few more facts. First, yes you can be sued.

Do you own the car or does a bank or GMAC Bank or Toyota Financial Corp., i.e.? Who owned it in 2011? Was it paid off in 2011? Did you continue making payments after it was towed? If so, for how long? Were you given an option to abandon it earlier? If so, when? Why did you not abandon it then? What were the fees owed then?

3. Anthony Michael Solis

Pro

1

Answered . you could forfeit the vehicle and let it be sold at a lien sale.