DO I need to notify the court?

Asked over 1 year ago - New Baden, IL

I have plans to relocate out of state with my child. I do have permission from my ex husband to relocate with our son. Do I still need to go through the court to do so? We agree to visitation with the child and will sign a consent form that will be notarized and filed with the court. Do we need to have a judge approve this relocation? Our divorce papers state that I the custodial parent can not move out of state without the written consent of the non custodial parent (the Father).

1. Peggy Margaret Raddatz

Pro

3

Best Answer

Answered . The court will not accept a filing of a notarized agreement. It will however accept an agreed order. Have a lawyer draw one up and enter it in court. It should be simple, quick and fairly inexpensive.

2. Alan James Brinkmeier

2

1

Answered . go through the court to do so

3. Judy A. Goldstein

2

1

Answered . A notarized agreement is not sufficient for the court. An agreed order is. Speak to a lawyer about drafting such a document for you. File a motion in order to get before the judge, present the Agreed Order, and you are done.