Do i need to include the medical exam when mailing the forms to USCIS for green card based on marriage?

I called the closet civil surgeon to me and he gives appointments after 3 weeks , can i mail the package now and then mail the medical exam later ? and also is it possible that the civil surgeon charges $1300 for the exam !! I called the secretary and just asked how much you guys charge without knowing anything ,she said $1300, I said must be a mistake or something maybe $130, because i asked more than 10 friends and they paid between$ 150-300!

Arlington Heights, IL -

Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

Immigration Attorney - Chicago, IL

Correct.
The sealed envelope with the medical exam for AOS must be submitted along with all required filings in the above. Research the local medical practitioners certified by the U.S. Surgeon General to give such medical exams and select a doctor of your choosing. In my professional experience, such exam does not involve extensive treatment and should not be more than several hundred dollars.

Sponsored Listing
Tracie Lynn Klinke

Tracie Lynn Klinke

Immigration Attorney - Marietta, GA

You need to mail the medical exam with the rest of your I-130/I-485 application. Call around and talk to other civil surgeons - they are allowed to set their own prices and perhaps you can find one with more reasonable prices.

This general advice does not create an attorney-client relationship.
J Charles Ferrari

J Charles Ferrari

Immigration Attorney - Los Angeles, CA

The I-485 must be filed with the medical exam.