Do I need to include itemized assets list to the recipients with the distribution checks for a non probate small estate?

Everett, WA |

I emphasize this is for non probate process in Washington state.

Yes. Pursuant to RCW 11.62.010(1)(g) you are required to provide "A description of the personal property and the portion thereof claimed, together with a statement that such personal property is subject to probate". This is assuming that you are using the small estate affidavit procedure. There are other notification requirements in the statute as well, including notice to DSHS office of financial recovery, so you should read the statute, which is rather short, to make sure you are fulfilling the statutory requirements. Good luck.

In regards to "A description of the personal property and the portion thereof claimed, together with a statement that such personal property is subject to probate", does this still apply if the estate is solely Non probate?

Todd S Rayan

Todd S Rayan

This is required if you are using the small estate affidavit procedure. Probate is a procedure. If the personal property would be subject to probate but for the small estate affidavit it is required to be listed.

I completely agree with Mr. Ryan. Procedure is procedure.

This posting is for informational purposes only. It is not legal advice, nor does it establish an attorney-client relationship. For more information, please visit www.justinelderlaw.com.

Why not save the stress and retain an atty in your locale to answer this question.?

Legal disclaimer: This answer does not constitute legal advice. I am admitted to practice law in the State of Missouri only, and make no attempt to opine on matters of law that are not relevant to Missouri. This answer is based on general principles of law that may or may not relate to your specific situation, and is for promotional purposes only. You should never rely on this answer alone and nothing in these communications creates an attorney-client relationship. less

Wills and estates topics

Recommended articles about Wills and estates