Do I need to include an ISBN number when sending my book to copyright for registration?

Asked 10 months ago - Ontario, CA

I am about to send my book to copyright. I was wondering do I need to submit an ISBN number with it? I only have a paper back version and will be creating a ebook version too. If I do have to submit an ISBN number, would I have to submit two for each version?

1. Daniel Nathan Ballard

1

Best Answer

Answered . Q: "Do I need to include an ISBN number when sending my book to copyright for registration?"
    R: No. The copyright registration will cover your book even if it does not have the ISBN published within.

2. Bruce E. Burdick

Pro

Answered . Wrong. You already sent your book to copyright the moment you created it. 17 USC 102.

The publisher gets the ISBN not you.