Do I need to hire an immigration attorney?

Asked over 1 year ago - City Of Industry, CA

Hello. I have filed and I-130 to bring my wife and 1year old son from El Salvador. My son and wife were born in El Salvador. Do I need to file a separate I-130 for him or is it ok if I only file one I-130 for both?

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

5

Answered . You will need to file one (1) I-130 for each your wife and son, even if you are a US citizen now.

You can only "transmit " citizenship on a minor child if you lived in the US at least five (5) years, two (2) of which MUST have been prior to you reaching age 15. Failing that you'll need to file fr the kid's green card (I-130 followed by immigrant visa petition, just like for your wife.

The only difference being that for your son you'll file a n N-600 Certificate of Citizenship as soon as he'll be admitted here on an LPR (green card) status.

2. Alexander Joseph Segal

5

1

Answered . I already answered this question for you on the past. The answer is still the same, if you a USC, you meed to report his birth to the consulate and collect his passport. Wife still needs i130

3. Anna Tsibel Moreas

3

Answered . It depends. You should contact an immigration attorney to discuss the details of your situation.

4. Mark Robert Barr

3

Answered . What is your own immigration status? Green card holder or U.S. citizen?