Do I need to hire an attorney for a car accident I was in which was not my fault? My teenage daughter is suffering from pain.

Asked almost 2 years ago - Hazleton, PA

The accident was listed as unreportable by the police because there were no injuries. Later my daughter started having neck and shoulder pain. The accident was not my fault. Do I need to hire an attorney.

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Michael Scott Mednick

    Contributor Level 9


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Many accidents result in the occupants of the vehicles not feeling pain at the scene. This can be for a variety of reasons. The fact that the accident was a non-reportable accident does not preclude your daughter from seeking appropriate medical care and consulting with an attorney to see about the potential merits of a case.

    You should contact an automobile accident attorney as soon as possible to discuss how to best proceed.

  2. Angel Mae T Webby Esq.

    Contributor Level 10


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I am sorry to hear of the unfortunate incident. It is important that your daughter gets appropriate medical attention as soon as possible. It is also important that you report the incident to your insurance company. Finally, do not provide a statement to the other drivet's insurance company.

    My office is located in West Hazleton. Please feel free to call and schedule a free consultation.

  3. Jeffrey Mark Adams

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . 1. Your daughter need appropriate medical attention.
    2. Report this incident to your insurance company.
    3. Contact a local and qualified personal injury trial attorney(s).
    4. Do not speak with the other driver's insurance company.
    5. Act quickly.
    Good luck.

    Personal injury cases only; I'm good at it; you be the Judge! All information provided is for informational and... more
  4. Bret A. Schnitzer

    Contributor Level 16


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Yes!

    You should consult an attorney in your State at once.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,694 answers this week

3,137 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,694 answers this week

3,137 attorneys answering