Skip to main content

Do I need to hire an attorney?

Kent, WA |

Mother inlaw and father inlaw cosigned for our home 15 years ago. We paid our home off and now we see their name on the title. They never made a single payment and all the bills and taxes always were paid by my wife and i. We now have no contact with our inlaws due to other reasons. How can we get them off the title? They would never sign a quit claim deed.

Attorney Answers 1


If they are unwilling to cooperate, you are going to need to see a real estate lawyer. Most likely, you will have bring a quiet title law suit against them to get them off of the title. Unless they are going to fight with you about this, it should be fairly straightforward and not excessively expensive.

Mark as helpful

Real estate topics

Recommended articles about Real estate

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics