Skip to main content

Do I need to hire a lawyer to keep this off my Driving Record?

Waco, TX |

I received a Careless Driving citation in Hall County Nebraska. I am a TX resident with a TX Drivers License. What options do I have so I can keep this infraction off my driving record. I had passed 3 vehicles while on my motorcycle on a rural road on the outskirts of Doniphan Nebraska when the State Trooper ran me off the road and sited me with the above infraction. The Trooper never implied speeding just that he believed I was racing down the road. What should I do? I dont live in this area and wish to have the situation exsponged and dealt with without even a watermark on my driving record. Thank you for any advice you may have for me about this matter.

Attorney Answers 1


Contact a local attorney in Doniphan, Nebraska. Explain to him or her that you reside in Texas and want to resolve your infraction without any ill effects to your driving record. In Texas, for a class C misdemeanor or traffic citation, an attorney can appear on behalf of his client without the client needing to be present. If the same rules apply in Nebraska, you may be able to resolve your case without having to fly all of the way to Nebraska for court.

Mark as helpful

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics