Do I need to have a lawyer with me when I go to traffic court in WI?

Waukegan, IL |

I don't want a 1st-time-in-WI speeding ticket on my 17 yr old son's record and cause the insurance rate to increase. Is it possible to ask the judge not to put it on the record without having a lawyer represent us, or is it better to have a lawyer?

It would be worth your while to consult with a traffic attorney familiar with the judges and practices in the court where you received the ticket to explore your options.

Check with a lawyer in your locale to discuss more of the details.

Good luck to you.

God bless.

NOTE: This answer is made available by the lawyer for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney that practices in the subject practice discipline and with whom you have an attorney client relationship along with all the privileges that relationship provides. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question.