Skip to main content

Do I need to go to the court for the divorce agreement ?

San Francisco, CA |
Filed under: Divorce

We signed the settlement for divorce , and how he pays his money to me , do we still need to go to the court ? Or just send documents to court ?
Thank you

Attorney Answers 3

  1. If you want to be divorced you have to file the proper documents with the court. Most family courts have a clinic to help you do all the proper forms.

  2. If no hearing is scheduled, then no appearance is necessary. Just get proof that the judgment has been filed.

  3. You can process your dissolution without the need of going to court. the forms are available on line, FL 170, FL 180 and FL 190, to the extent you haven't filed a declaration of disclosure you need FL 140.

Divorce topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics