Do I need to go for HOB extension stamping if I changed employer

Asked over 1 year ago - Houston, TX

I am working with HOB valid ( Deistic ) though company A stamping , I changed my company to B and my HOB be got extended till Apr 2015 . I am planing to go for vacation to India . Recently I heard from my friend , stamping is not required for HOB extension . Do I need to go for HOB extension stamping if I changed employer ( A to B ) ? Appreciate your advice .

1. Hector J. Lopez

2

Answered . I believe you intended to say H-1B visa. The answer to your question is NO. You are not required to re-stamp your H-1B visa if it is still valid and your change of employer was granted from inside the US and your status was extended. You must travel using your valid H-1B visa (even with the old employer's name shown on the annotation) AND the original approval notice for the new employer. The CBP officer at the port of entry shall grant you stay on the new I-94 until the expiration of the new approval notice, even if this date is beyond the expiration date of the H-1B visa stamp. You are NOT required to apply for a new visa in your current scenario.

2. Tripti Sharad Sharma

Pro

2

Answered . You can enter the U.S. only on a valid visa. If your previous visa is still valid, you may use it or you will apply for a new visa at the Consulate abroad.

3. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

1

Answered . I agree with my colleagues