Do i need to get my husband's tax return for the last three years when filing for green card after marriage ?

Brooklyn, NY |

I have the new one 2012, my husband knows the numbers regarding the last couple of years, ( how much he made ) ,but I can't find the old tax returns , should i call IRS and ask for them ? he made enough money to sponsor me and all

You are only required to submit the most recent tax year's return. If you want the others for your records and quick access in the future, then contact the IRS or the person who prepared them and get a courtesy copy.

Thank you

you don't have to. The last year is enough plus all other supporting documents

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.

Thank you

Most recent year is all that is required although we routinely submit the most recent three.

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 s.ouya@mainalaw.com Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

You are required to submit the last filed tax return, along with other documents. The affidavit of support form requests information about the your last 3 years of return. If you do not have the tax return, you can call IRS and reqeust a tax transcript. The phone number for the IRS is 1-800-829-1040.

Recommended articles about Immigration