Do I need to get an attorney?

Asked over 1 year ago - Pell City, AL

We were in a car accident that was not our fault. The other driver and his insurance has accepted liability. I want this handled as quickly as possible and am not looking to sue anyone. At the same time, I don't want to get taken advantage of either. Should I sign their paperwork and accept what they offer or should I have an attorney do this for me?

1. Randy William Ferguson

3

Answered . You should talk to an attorney before you do anything. They will not offer you what the case is worth without an attorney. Feel free to call me at any time if you have questions on your damages or what the case is worth. You can call me at 256-337-0648 or 1-800-752-1998.

2. Alexis Saphire Breyer

Pro

4

Answered . You are best off to hire a lawyer or at the least call an attorney to understand more your legal rights. I would be hesitant to sign anything without having a lawyer look it over. We receive many calls where people have tried to handle their claim on their own or settled their case prematurely and they are calling our office to get out of the settlement or for us to take over the case. It is a lot harder for a lawyer to take on a case after there have been a lot of communications between the client and the insurance company. Although I certainly appreciate that you want this over with understanding that you don't want to be taken advantage of, I think it would be wise to call an attorney to make sure you understand all your legal rights.

3. Jonathan P. Groth

Pro

4

Answered . It probably won't cost anything to hire an attorney. Why not ask?

4. George Costas Andriotis

Pro

3

Answered . Get an attorney to make are it is handled properly.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.
  5. Manuel Alzamora Juarez

Pro

3

Answered . It is never a good aidea to sign legal papers without consulting with an atorney. You can have a free consultation with a PI attorney in your area. Follow his advice. Best of luck.

Pro

2

Answered . Without a lawyer, you will get a tiny nuisance settlement at best. A local insurance company in Pennsylvania settles cases with unrepresented parties for 11 cents on the dollar on average.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com