Do I need to get a lawyer for wrongful termination?

Asked about 1 year ago - Benicia, CA

DM altered my statements.Never being told that the investigations were voluntary.I feel like i was retaliated against because each time i called HR all of a sudden a whole new set of investigations began.I was only allowed to answer yes/no questions and was not allowed to elaborate on the situation.I was not allowed to ask questions and when I did ask a question i was immediately told that the investigation was over.I was told by head of security the investigations were not conducted appropriately when he came to do his investigation on the original investigators.I know california is an "at-will" state, but there has to be something I can do..

1. Kevin Samuel Sullivan

Pro

Answered . Hiring a lawyer in a case like this is absolutely essential.

2. Neil Pedersen

Answered . Your post provides no facts that would allow anyone here to assist you in determining if you have a meritorious claim of unlawful harassment, retaliation or discrimination or wrongful termination. There are many situations where what you report would not be unlawful.

It is a good thing that you wish to consult with an attorney. In the confidential consultation, you should share all of the more specific facts.

Unfortunately, the question and answer site is not the place to recruit an attorney. Instead, I suggest you look either on this site in the Find a Lawyer section, or go to www.cela.org, the home page for the California Employment Lawyers Association, an organization whose members are dedicated to the representation of employees against their employers.

Good luck to you.

3. Craig Bernard Mitchell

Answered . Your situation is very fact specific. You should meet with a lawyer face to face.