Skip to main content

Do I need to get a lawyer for chiropractor due to accident?

Hamilton, OH |

Just finished getting the insurance to pay the repairs for my car but during that time i am currently seeing a chiropractor from the accident. Will i need to get a lawyer?

Attorney Answers 12

  1. You should seek a free consultation and hire a Ohio licensed attorney who specializes in Auto Accidents/Personal Injury Law. He/she will deal with the insurance companies for payment of current and future medical expenses. It's good you've sought medical treatment already. Avvo provides a great attorney search engine in your area/state with the "Find a Lawyer" link above. Good luck.

  2. If you were injured by another parties negligence, definitely.

    In seeking an attorney on this site, beware of limiting your search to attorneys with a 10 rating, and carefully read the AVVO disclaimer regarding their rating system. There are certain factors that are given great weight which do not necessarily have any bearing on an attorney's experience, abilities, and results with certain types of cases. Accordingly, the rating numbers can be misleading. Also beware of basing your choice on the fee charged, as a low fee, depending on the skill, experience and determination of the specific attorney handling your case, could actually have an inverse relationship to the amount actually put in your pocket.

  3. Yes, look to retain an attorney who is qualified in personal injury law and not embarrassed to charge for his/her services.

    Personal injury cases only; I'm good at it; you be the Judge! All information provided is for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney client relationship has been formed or should be inferred. Please speak with a local and qualified attorney. I truly wish you and those close to you all the best. Jeff

  4. If you want to seek damages for personal injuries, or even just medical bills, you should at least talk to an attorney in your area who handles personal injury claims. If it turns out you do not have a claim, the attorney will let you know, and likely not charge you anything. If you do have a claim, the attorney will make sure your rights are protected, and that you get what you are entitled to. Insurance companies work with attorneys all the time, and will often be more responsive to them, and more inclined to pay more damages when an attorney is involved.

  5. If you want to get a fair settlement you will need a lawyer. If you are okay getting low balled you don't need one.

  6. You should consider hire a personal injury lawyer. Once hired, the lawyer may want to evaluate your current treatment plan .

  7. You should always talk to an attorney before you deal with insurance companies or make any statements to the insurance company following a car wreck. Most personal injury attorneys offer a free initial consultation. Why not take advantage of that?

  8. You need to at least talk to a lawyer in your area in order to make a well informed decision.

    Kevin A. Spainhour, Esq. Spainhour Law Group

  9. You should have gotten one quite some time ago. If you have been speaking with and dealing with the insurance company you have most likely harmed you case. Call someone in your area for help. These situations should always have an attorney.

  10. Only a personal injury lawyer is going to get you maximum compensation. Avvo has a great "find a lawyer" tool to locate a top-rated lawyer (10) with a reasonable contingency fee, less than thirty percent, so you don't get hurt twice. Good luck

  11. Your best course of action is to call a personal injury lawyer. The call is free and the initial consultation should be free. You have nothing to lose. Call now because there are time limits and you could do, or say something, that can harm your case.

    If you think this is a good answer, please complete the survey below. This response does not create an attorney-client relationship. Do not consider this response legal advice. Do not rely on this response or take action based on anything contained herein. Please note that this answer does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied on, as each situation is fact specific, and it is not possible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and/or legal documents. This response does not create any attorney-client relationship

  12. I am glad that you were able to resolve your property damage claim with the insurance company. With respect to your injury claim, you should hire an attorney to assist you. Your attorney will protect your rights, seek for you the compensation you deserve and help you avoid the insurance company's attempts to settle your claim for as little as possible. In addition to your medical and chiropractic bills, your settlement should include out of pocket medical expenses such as prescriptions, lost wages, compensation for pain and suffering, and future expenses in cases where an injury is permanent. It is important to know your rights when you are dealing with any insurance company. Therefore, you should hire an attorney to assist you. I wish you a speedy recovery and the best of luck.

    For information purposes only and is NOT intended to be legal advice and/or tax advice. You should always consult with an Attorney to discuss your rights and responsibilities.