Do i need to find somebody join sponsor ?

Asked over 4 years ago - San Francisco, CA

i came to united states as student visa. i am overstay my visa.so now i want to marriage with my girlfriend, she is us citizen,so she will sponsor me to adjustment of my status,unfortunately she has low income,she make 13,000 dollars a year.i could not find anyone to join sponsor for me,so does she could help me to adjustment of my status to become permanent resident and get greencard ? on the othe hand;if i get work permit and go to work,i could make 1500 dollars a month, do i need to find someone co-sign for me ?

1. Shah Iqbal Nawaaz Peerally

1

1

Answered . A low income does not mean automatically that you need a joint sponsor. Check the poverty guidelines.

Good Luck
    Shah Peerally

Founder and Managing Attorney of Shah Peerally Law Group PC
    Law Firm Deals in Immigration law & Debt Relief

Note: The above answer is provided for informational use only. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. No attorney client relationship is created unless a retainer is signed by the attorney and the client.

2. Peter Joseph Loughlin

Pro

Answered . You must find a qualifying joint sponsor in order to proceed. The joint sponsor will need to demonstrate that he or she:

1) Is a U.S. citizen or permanent resident - and living in the U.S (Does not need to be a family member)
    3) Earns sufficient income or has sufficient liquid assets See Form I-864P for more details - http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf
    4 ) Can demonstrate the above.

Don't give up so easily. Keep looking for a joint sponsor

Best of luck,

Note: The above answer is provided for informational use only and should not be construed as legal advice or legal opinion. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. No attorney client relationship is created unless a retainer is signed by the attorney and the client.

3. Renee Juanita Tello

Answered . A necessary requirement for the green card application is that you show that your sponsor(s) can support you financially. If your girlfriend cannot show that you will absolutely need a joint sponsor who is also a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.

Please note that she can also use assets to show her ability to support you.