Do i need to fill out form FL-195 with divorce default with agreement?

my ex-husband is responsible. We are getting divorse with a Marital Settlement Agreement. I dont want the money been take out from his paycheck. Can we do that?

San Francisco, CA -

Find Out More

Attorney Answers (3)

Sarah Jeannette Haselup

Sarah Jeannette Haselup

Divorce / Separation Lawyer - San Francisco, CA

FL-195 is not a required form for your dissolution proceeding. That form is only used when you actually want his support withheld from his payroll check (provided he is a W-2 wage earner). Many couples simply write a check each month for their support obligations, some do direct deposit, etc. etc. etc. Provided your ex is timely in his payments, an informal payment arrangement is perfectly acceptable and normal. You would consider the FL-195 if your ex became irregular in his payments, failed to pay, etc. Best of luck in finalizing your divorce!

DISCLAIMER The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should... more
Roger G. Kosla

Roger G. Kosla

Family Law Attorney - Sacramento, CA

An FL-195 is a form you should fill out for a divorce with an agreement when the divorce involves minor children of the marriage. Here's a helpful checklist:

Matthew Thomas Majeski

Matthew Thomas Majeski

Divorce / Separation Lawyer - Woodbury, MN

Yes you can.

Disclaimer: This email message in no way creates an attorney client relationship between Majeski Law, LLC and the... more

Related Topics


Divorce is the process of formally ending a marriage. Divorces may be jointly agreed upon, resolved by negotiation, or decided in court.

Featured Legal Guides

Questions? An attorney can help.

Ask a Question
Free & anonymous.
Find a Lawyer
Free. No commitment.