Do i need to fill out form FL-195 with divorce default with agreement?

my ex-husband is responsible. We are getting divorse with a Marital Settlement Agreement. I dont want the money been take out from his paycheck. Can we do that?

San Francisco, CA -

Find Out More

Sarah Jeannette Haselup

Sarah Jeannette Haselup

Divorce / Separation Lawyer - San Francisco, CA

FL-195 is not a required form for your dissolution proceeding. That form is only used when you actually want his support withheld from his payroll check (provided he is a W-2 wage earner). Many couples simply write a check each month for their support obligations, some do direct deposit, etc. etc. etc. Provided your ex is timely in his payments, an informal payment arrangement is perfectly acceptable and normal. You would consider the FL-195 if your ex became irregular in his payments, failed to pay, etc. Best of luck in finalizing your divorce!

Roger G. Kosla

Roger G. Kosla

Family Law Attorney - Sacramento, CA

An FL-195 is a form you should fill out for a divorce with an agreement when the divorce involves minor children of the marriage. Here's a helpful checklist: http://www.courts.ca.gov/documents/fl182.pdf

Matthew Thomas Majeski

Matthew Thomas Majeski

Divorce / Separation Lawyer - Woodbury, MN

Yes you can.