Do i need to fill out form FL-195 with divorce default with agreement?

Asked almost 2 years ago - San Francisco, CA

my ex-husband is responsible. We are getting divorse with a Marital Settlement Agreement. I dont want the money been take out from his paycheck. Can we do that?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Sarah Jeannette Arnott


    Contributor Level 9


    Lawyer agrees


    Answered . FL-195 is not a required form for your dissolution proceeding. That form is only used when you actually want his support withheld from his payroll check (provided he is a W-2 wage earner). Many couples simply write a check each month for their support obligations, some do direct deposit, etc. etc. etc. Provided your ex is timely in his payments, an informal payment arrangement is perfectly acceptable and normal. You would consider the FL-195 if your ex became irregular in his payments, failed to pay, etc. Best of luck in finalizing your divorce!

    DISCLAIMER The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should... more
  2. Roger G. Kosla

    Contributor Level 4

    Answered . An FL-195 is a form you should fill out for a divorce with an agreement when the divorce involves minor children of the marriage. Here's a helpful checklist:

  3. Matthew Thomas Majeski


    Contributor Level 19

    Answered . Yes you can.

    Disclaimer: This email message in no way creates an attorney client relationship between Majeski Law, LLC and the... more

Related Topics


Divorce is the process of formally ending a marriage. Divorces may be jointly agreed upon, resolved by negotiation, or decided in court.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

32,964 answers this week

3,517 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

32,964 answers this week

3,517 attorneys answering