Do i need to fill out form FL-195 with divorce default with agreement?

San Francisco, CA |

my ex-husband is responsible. We are getting divorse with a Marital Settlement Agreement. I dont want the money been take out from his paycheck. Can we do that?

1. An FL-195 is a form you should fill out for a divorce with an agreement when the divorce involves minor children of the marriage. Here's a helpful checklist: http://www.courts.ca.gov/documents/fl182.pdf

2. Yes you can.

Disclaimer: This email message in no way creates an attorney client relationship between Majeski Law, LLC and the recipient. Responses are general in nature and do not constitute legal advice. You should consult a lawyer regarding any specific legal matter.

3. FL-195 is not a required form for your dissolution proceeding. That form is only used when you actually want his support withheld from his payroll check (provided he is a W-2 wage earner). Many couples simply write a check each month for their support obligations, some do direct deposit, etc. etc. etc. Provided your ex is timely in his payments, an informal payment arrangement is perfectly acceptable and normal. You would consider the FL-195 if your ex became irregular in his payments, failed to pay, etc. Best of luck in finalizing your divorce!

DISCLAIMER The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.