Do I need to file I-212 and I-601 at the same time to the same place?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Simi Valley, CA

Was deported 1 year ago. When I was being held in jail after drunk in public misdemeanor they mentioned that I had already been ordered to depart the country. Married US citizen wife in my country, been married for 1 year. Filed forms I-130, I-129. After waiting for a whole year they finally mention that they cannot process the the forms above until they receive and approve the I-601.

1. Natalia Polukhtin

4

Answered . I-212 and I-601 may be filed together. You will have to pay separate fees and these two forms may require different sets of evidence. Although I-212 is commonly referred to as a waiver, it is not exactly a waiver, but rather a request for permission to apply for admission. Please seek advice of an attorney to determine what kind of waiver(s) and how many you need before you submit anything.

2. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

3

Answered . No one I know would even attemp to do a competent I-601 Waiver pro se. It is like attempting to pull your teeth expertly by yourself. Retain a good counsel.

3. F. J. Capriotti III

2

Answered . I agree with my colleagues.