Do I need to file Form RCT-101 in Pennsylvania as a LLC even if Im not a professional LLC? Pls help...thank you

State College, PA |
Filed under: Starting an LLC

I do not have a restricted LLC, therefore I know for sure that I do not have to file the annual registration certificate nor the associated fees of some 400$. BUT, I just came across this form: six-page Form RCT-101, Corporate Tax Report. My small LLC is dead. I have 0 revenues for 2012, but for 2011 I had some little revenue & paid applicable PA state taxes on PA 40 Schedule C (about $500) but did nothing else. BUT, no one ever told me I had to file this form every year !! ... Im not even sure, do I have to file this form at all - it is such a confusion!! the Form RCT-101, Corporate Tax Report. Ive moved to Florida last year ... I intend to keep the LLC dangling, what annual submissions I need to keep making, if you would be so kind enough to leave a message ! :(

No, you do not need to file Form RCT, Corporate Tax Report, because you have a Limited Liabiity Company, not a corporation. There is no annual filing required (other than tax filings) for a Limited Liabiity Company other than a Registered or Restricted Limited Liabiity Company.

2. You should consult the business' tax advisor, either an accountant or tax attorney.

This response does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not intended to provide legal advice for your specific situation.

3. When you have a proper registered business as you do, you really should work with a tax professional to assist. You can always use one of the branded companies like H&R Block that might be helpful to you, but no one here will render such specifc advise without being hired to walk through everything.

Best regards,
    Frank
    Natoli-Lapin, LLC
    (see Disclaimer)

The law firm of Natoli-Lapin, LLC (Home of Lantern Legal Services) offers our flat-rate legal services in the areas of business law and intellectual property to entrepreneurs, small-to-medium size businesses, independent inventors and artists across the nation and abroad. Feel free to call for a free phone consultation; your inquiries are always welcome: CONTACT: 866-871-8655 Support@LanternLegal.com DISCLAIMER: this is not intended to be specific legal advice and should not be relied upon as such. No attorney-client relationship is formed on the basis of this posting.

Business topics