Skip to main content

Do I need to file Form L-9 for real property held in trust until the death of the decedent?

Bordentown, NJ |

My mother created a living trust during her lifetime. She died 2/4/14, and the only trust property - her house - was left to me. Her estate is less than $675,000.00 so an Estate Tax Return does not need to be filed. Do I need to file form L-9 to request a waiver or is it unnecessary since the house was in a trust?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


You will need to consult local counsel on this, however it appears that you would not be able to use the L-9 filing instead of filing regular tax forms. If you haven't done your taxes yet this year, your CPA could probably assist you with this. Otherwise I would call local counsel and confirm. Here is a link to the L-9 form. Please see page 4. Good luck.


You need to post this on the Tax forum, not real estate.

Wills and estates topics

Recommended articles about Wills and estates

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer