Do I need to file DS160 forms using old passport that doesn't have a last name or new passport where the name is split?

Hi, My wife who is my dependent does not have a Last Name in her passport and I am planning on splitting the name in her passport to have a first and last name. Approval notice I797 and visa were approved per her current passport that does not have a last name. If I were to go ahead and split her name and obtain a new passport from Indian embassy, which passport should I be using to fill the DS forms when I go for H1B stamping? Appreciate your response, Thanks.

Hoffman Estates, IL -

Stephen D. Berman

Stephen D. Berman

Immigration Attorney - Chicago, IL

Use the passport you plan to present at the interview for the visa.

Karen-Lee Pollak

Karen-Lee Pollak

Immigration Attorney - Dallas, TX

Use hte most current valid passport

Alexus Paul Sham

Alexus Paul Sham

Immigration Attorney - The Woodlands, TX

Use the passport that is valid at the time.

Miroslava Orduno Rincon

Miroslava Orduno Rincon

Immigration Attorney - Detroit, MI

I agree with my colleagues, you would fill out the form based upon the name listed on the currently valid passport at that time. For interview, your wife should bring both the current and prior passports as well as all other standard evidence required for visa issuance.