Do I need to file an adjustment of status while I am out of US on a ten year ban which is about to be over in few months?

I have been married to a US citizen since Sept. 2010 and filed the I-130 which was approved almost about a month ago, now NVC require me to file DS-230, with medical report and the application for the visa. Do I need to file for the adjustment of status with this?

Chicago, IL -

Jeffrey Adam Devore

Jeffrey Adam Devore

Immigration Attorney - West Palm Beach, FL

Adjustment of status is only for people who are applying to obtain their residence inside the U.S. It is unclear from your facts where you are located or anything about you eligibility for adjustment. I suggest you consult with an experienced immigration attorney who can review your case and advise you the best way to proceed.

Stephen D. Berman

Stephen D. Berman

Immigration Attorney - Chicago, IL

No, to file for adjustment of status, you would have to be in the U.S. Regarding your 10 year bar, that is something the U.S. embassy abroad can deal with, NVC will not.

J Charles Ferrari

J Charles Ferrari

Immigration Attorney - Los Angeles, CA

You cannot file for adjustment of status outside the US. To immigrate, you will need waivers.

You need to retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.

Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

Immigration Attorney - Chicago, IL

You need an excellent attorney for a Waiver to begin with as you may not initiate AOS from abroad.

Alexus Paul Sham

Alexus Paul Sham

Immigration Attorney - The Woodlands, TX

You should follow the instructions of the NVC. Based on your fact pattern you will not be eligible to apply for a green card. You will need a waiver. Consult an attorney.