Do I need to file a police report, or can I go to a lawyer, and take him to court.

Asked over 1 year ago - Quakertown, PA

I was staying with a friend in quakertown,pa. We had an altercation I spat in his face, and as I turned to walk down the stairs he kicked me and I feel down the stairs. I have a very large bruise on my backside, plus I reaggravated the pain in my neck. Do I have a case

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Stewart C Crawford Jr.

    Contributor Level 17


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Yes, but so does he for assault & battery (i.e. the spitting on his face).

    Stew Crawford, Jr. Esq.

    Crawford Law Firm
    A Full Service Law Firm Serving Pennsylvania & New Jersey

    Philadelphia Area Office
    223 North Monroe Street
    Media, Pennsylvania 19063


    All information provided in this comment is intended for informational purposes only and does not, by itself,... more
  2. Robert C. Keller

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . You both may be guilty of assault. If you file a police report, you both nay be charged. On the other hand, the other guy may have lied about the facts and filed. You may want to sit down with an attorney that provides a free consult to review your other options.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

20,354 answers this week

2,592 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

20,354 answers this week

2,592 attorneys answering