Do I need to file a G-325 A with a 130/1485 for my parent?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Pomona, CA

Applying for adjustment of status for a parent. I am unsure as to whether one is needed. The USCIS website says to submitted if instructed. Should I send my packet and wait to see if they require one?

Attorney answers (7)

  1. 11

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You have to file g-325 for each parent you are filing I-130 for.

  2. 10

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Yes

  3. 9

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Yes.

    Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 www.... more
  4. 6

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Yes. You need to file the form for each adjustment applicant.

  5. 6

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . If your parents are in the U.S. and adjusting their status, then it is necessary as part of their I-485. It is not required for I-130 purposes.

  6. 5

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Yes, send one for each of you.

    PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It... more
  7. 3

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Yes, send the G-325a as part of the package.

Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.

Adjustment of immigration status

When a person in the United States changes his or her immigration status to permanent resident, this is called "adjustment of status."

Leon Versfeld

Between a Rock and a Hard Place

The rule of thumb in US immigration status is:"You can not change status if you are not in status." This means that if your non-immigrant status has expired (i.e. B1-visitor), you can... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

33,254 answers this week

3,756 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

33,254 answers this week

3,756 attorneys answering