Do I need to file a form I-192 Application for Advance Permission to Enter as a Non Immigrant?

Asked over 1 year ago - Glenwood Springs, CO

I am filing for U nonimmigrant status as a derivative beneficiary under my mothers application. I have been in the US for just under 12 years, and am 19 years old. I applied for and was granted Deferred Action (for Childhood Arrivals).

Do I have to file a form I-192?

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Jose Antonio Moreno

    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyers agree


    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . Yes if you entered illegally. DO NOT pay the filing fee, 585, and file A FEE WAIVER. Your mom should do the same--wait periods have now lagged to about 1 year for u-status. You should also speak to an immigration attorney, specifically a u-visa specialist, to confirm you have applied for all those eligible for relief and to discuss how to preserve such status for future adjustment to green card status. Good luck.

  2. Alexander Joseph Segal

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Not on the fact you submitted.

    NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866)... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

30,257 answers this week

3,237 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

30,257 answers this week

3,237 attorneys answering