Do I need to file a form I-192 Application for Advance Permission to Enter as a Non Immigrant?

Glenwood Springs, CO |

I am filing for U nonimmigrant status as a derivative beneficiary under my mothers application. I have been in the US for just under 12 years, and am 19 years old. I applied for and was granted Deferred Action (for Childhood Arrivals).

Do I have to file a form I-192?

Yes if you entered illegally. DO NOT pay the filing fee, 585, and file A FEE WAIVER. Your mom should do the same--wait periods have now lagged to about 1 year for u-status. You should also speak to an immigration attorney, specifically a u-visa specialist, to confirm you have applied for all those eligible for relief and to discuss how to preserve such status for future adjustment to green card status. Good luck.

2. Not on the fact you submitted.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.