Do I need to file a form I-192 Application for Advance Permission to Enter as a Non Immigrant?

Asked over 1 year ago - Glenwood Springs, CO

I am filing for U nonimmigrant status as a derivative beneficiary under my mothers application. I have been in the US for just under 12 years, and am 19 years old. I applied for and was granted Deferred Action (for Childhood Arrivals).

Do I have to file a form I-192?

1. Jose Antonio Moreno

3

1

Best Answer

Answered . Yes if you entered illegally. DO NOT pay the filing fee, 585, and file A FEE WAIVER. Your mom should do the same--wait periods have now lagged to about 1 year for u-status. You should also speak to an immigration attorney, specifically a u-visa specialist, to confirm you have applied for all those eligible for relief and to discuss how to preserve such status for future adjustment to green card status. Good luck.

2. Alexander Joseph Segal

4

Answered . Not on the fact you submitted.