Do I need to do anything special before selling Piracetam on eBay?

Asked about 1 year ago - Passaic, NJ

Piracetam is a nootropic 'drug' but it is not scheduled. It is more like a food supplement. It would be for human consumption.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Adam Lefkowitz

    Contributor Level 14


    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . Any time any product is sold or marketed for human consumption, the seller of such product need to take extreme care in the manner and method of such marketing. There's a reason why those TV commercials marketing energy supplements say "this product has not been reviewed by the FDA." The best advice I can give is to retain an attorney familiar with FDA regulations. My understanding is the distinctions between supplements, food, medicine, and drugs can be very hazy. I suggest you seek counsel from an attorney experienced with such matters. You should also consider various forms of business insurance and different types of business entities to insulate yourself as best as possible against future claims. Good luck in your ventures.

    Disclaimer: For a free consultation contact me directly at 973-519-0196 or If this... more
  2. Christopher Edward Ezold


    Contributor Level 17

    Answered . I am an attorney licensed in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, and the States of Delaware and New Jersey. My practice includes employment, business and health care law. Before I respond to your inquiry, I must state that we have not spoken, I have not reviewed the relevant documents and facts, and I do not represent you. Therefore, my discussion below is not a legal opinion, but is informational only. Finally, my discussion applies only to issues to which Pennsylvania, Delaware, New Jersey or Federal law applies.

    That being said, you need to rethink your cunning plan. The potential liability for you here is enormous, and I cannot imagine a good business reason to do what you propose.

    /Christopher E. Ezold/

    The Ezold Law Firm, P.C.
    Employment, Business and Health Law
    One Belmont Avenue, Suite 501
    Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004
    (610) 660-5585

    I am an attorney licensed in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, and the States of Delaware and New Jersey. My... more
Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

  • 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now

Can't find what you're looking for?

Ask span5@2x

Ask a question on our public forum.

Ask a lawyer
Instant span6@2x

Have an attorney contact you privately.

Right now.

Icon lock@2x
Secure conversation. Your details remain between you and your attorney.
Icon clock@2x
Get an answer guaranteed. Be assured that a lawyer will contact you to help with your legal issue.
Start your session now