Do I need to do anything special before selling Piracetam on eBay?

Passaic, NJ |

Piracetam is a nootropic 'drug' but it is not scheduled. It is more like a food supplement. It would be for human consumption.

Any time any product is sold or marketed for human consumption, the seller of such product need to take extreme care in the manner and method of such marketing. There's a reason why those TV commercials marketing energy supplements say "this product has not been reviewed by the FDA." The best advice I can give is to retain an attorney familiar with FDA regulations. My understanding is the distinctions between supplements, food, medicine, and drugs can be very hazy. I suggest you seek counsel from an attorney experienced with such matters. You should also consider various forms of business insurance and different types of business entities to insulate yourself as best as possible against future claims. Good luck in your ventures.

Disclaimer: For a free consultation contact me directly at 973-519-0196 or adam@LefkowitzLawOffice.com. If this answer was helpful, please mark it as helpful or as a best answer. Answering questions on avvo.com does not create an attorney-client relationship. You are strongly encouraged to seek and retain your own counsel. Information and answers posted to this website are for general informational purposes only.

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

Adam Lefkowitz

Adam Lefkowitz

Another thought: if you don't work for the product's manufacturer, do you have a license to sell its product? Only approved licensees can sell a product manufactured by someone else (or some other company.) If you did not produce this product or if you do not have a license to sell it, then I caution against selling this product in any forum (on line, by telephone, etc...) until you have the right to do so.

I am an attorney licensed in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, and the States of Delaware and New Jersey. My practice includes employment, business and health care law. Before I respond to your inquiry, I must state that we have not spoken, I have not reviewed the relevant documents and facts, and I do not represent you. Therefore, my discussion below is not a legal opinion, but is informational only. Finally, my discussion applies only to issues to which Pennsylvania, Delaware, New Jersey or Federal law applies.

That being said, you need to rethink your cunning plan. The potential liability for you here is enormous, and I cannot imagine a good business reason to do what you propose.

/Christopher E. Ezold/

The Ezold Law Firm, P.C.
Employment, Business and Health Law
One Belmont Avenue, Suite 501
Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004
(610) 660-5585
Cezold@Ezoldlaw.com
www.ezoldlaw.com

I am an attorney licensed in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, and the States of Delaware and New Jersey. My practice includes employment, business and health care law. Before I respond to your inquiry, I must state that we have not spoken, I have not reviewed the relevant documents and facts, and I do not represent you. Therefore, my discussion below is not a legal opinion, but is informational only. Finally, my discussion applies only to issues to which Pennsylvania, Delaware, New Jersey or Federal law applies. /Christopher E. Ezold/ The Ezold Law Firm, P.C. Employment, Business and Health Law One Belmont Avenue, Suite 501 Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004 (610) 660-5585 Cezold@Ezoldlaw.com www.ezoldlaw.com

I can't imagine that your transparent sarcasm will help you impress potential clients on Avvo. A quick eBay search for "piracetam" will yield thousands of results for companies doing exactly what I describe. if you didn't have any helpful information to share, I don't see why you would respond in the first place and make yourself look pretty bad in the process. But thanks anyway.

Business topics

Recommended articles about Business