Do I need to bring damage passport I have, which I never used it to enter USA, for my naturalization interview?

Asked 11 months ago - San Francisco, CA

Hello I have a Non-US passport which got damaged in 2009 due to flooding in back home. I was able to cancelled it out and get a new one from my home country. I came to USA in 2010 on a new passport and got my green card right away as I came here on basis of marriage to US citizen. Now I am applying for naturalization and I never used that damaged passport to enter US. Do I need to bring that to an interview? Or should I just not mention about it untill IO ask for it?

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

2

2

Answered . No. Only the passport on which you obtained a green card will (might) be of interest during the N-400 interview. The other one is irrelevant.

2. John Grayson Davidson

Pro

3

Answered . I would bring it.

Free Consultation Anywhere in USA | 626-399-4194 |ICannHelpYouNow.com | John1Davidson@gmail.com
  3. Tripti Sharad Sharma

Pro

1

Answered . It does not hurt to bring it along to the interview.

4. F. J. Capriotti III

2

1

Answered . Why wouldn't you want to show it to them? If it has prior US entry stamps, I'd bring it along.

5. John Robert Egan

Pro

Answered . Bring it and present it if asked. The immigration authorities see a lot of passports with what looks like damage, but actually have been tampered. I think an experienced immigration officer would be skeptical about a rationale for not bringing an old passport based on it being damaged. Here in the U.S. there is a joke about a child explaining why he did not bring his homework to class "because the dog ate it." Better you let them see it if they ask for it.