Do I need to be worried?

Crosby, TX |
Filed under: Family law

i had a child with a married man with the understanding that he was getting a divorce. he makes about 60,000 a yr and his wife currently has him on child support. she takes about 1200.00 everymonth in child support from him. now my sons father and I are seperated and he has filed to put himself on child support and has now informed me he will not get a divorce but his wife will keep him on child support. how much could i possible recieve when she refuses to take him off only because she doesnt want any money to go towards my child i have with him? in other words how does the court work, will i recieve fair child support or will i recieve almost nothing?

When the obligor has multiple children with multiple persons, none of whom he lives with, to whom he is paying support, the adjusted guideline amounts for the children before the court (children who are the subject of a current lawsuit) gets reduced for every child not part of the present lawsuit according to a chart in Tex. Fam. Code § 154.129. There is also a formula method and, if you wish to do the calculations rather than use the chart, that calculation is set out in Tex. Fam. Code § 154.128. You should probably speak to an attorney or the Office of the Attorney General about your support questions so you can get more specific information regarding your situation.

Tristan Longino is licensed to practice law in Texas only. The above response is merely an opinion not intended as legal advice and is not intended to be relied upon. The above response does not create an attorney-client relationship. A local attorney should be consulted prior to taking any course of action.