Do I need to attach the Affidavit of support (I-864); along with the I-130 application for my husband in Australia?

Asked 4 months ago - Warwick, RI

My husband is in Australia and I am filing a I-130 application to get his immigration visa approve. Do I need to file I-864 affidavit of support with this too. OR is this going to be a next step when my husband will be applying to US embassy in Australia .

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

4

Answered . No, you don't need to attach an affidavit of support at the I-130 stage. That would be premature. You will get instructions of when to file the affidavit of support from the NVC once the I-130 is approved by USCIS.

2. John E MacDonald

1

Answered . The short answer is no. You will separately submit the affidavit of support form, along with others, once requested by the Visa Service Center. You begin the process with the I-130 and G-325 forms. Good luck.

3. Guerline Ladouceur-Laurore

Pro

1

Answered . It is a matter of preference. You can do it now or you can do it later. Good luck.

4. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

1

Answered . You can do it either way but all filings must be prepared correctly.

5. Namita Agarwal

1

Answered . No, you submit this evidence after the initial approval.

6. Aggie Rachel Hoffman

Answered . No. The I-864 is filed either with the Consulate or the National Visa Center (NVC) after the I-130 is approved. You will be notified when it is time to submit it.