Do i need temporary custody or temporary guardianship

Asked about 4 years ago - Shreveport, LA

I live in Louisiana and my 10 year old cousin which lives in california wants to come and stay with me for a year and go to school in louisiana. What types of forms do i need to enroll her in school

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Answered . Sometimes, legal problems are so specific that it is nearly impossible, if not entirely impossible, for an attorney to give you a proper analysis by way of a summary posting on an internet site. I understand your concern. I know that this is not the answer that you are looking for, but I believe that you need to consult with an attorney to further explore the specific circumstances behind your question.

    I truly wish you the best. Please click the ‘thumbs up’ tab below if you find this answer helpful. Thank you.

    This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It is not offered as, and does not constitute, legal advice. Laws vary widely from state to state. You should rely only on the advice given to you during a personal consultation by a local attorney who is thoroughly familiar with state laws and the area of practice in which your concern lies.

Related Topics

Temporary child custody

Temporary child custody is a court order that grants custody of a child to a parent or relative before approval of a final parenting plan.

Henry S. Gornbein

Anatomy of a Divorce

Counseling Choosing an attorney Role of the attorney Filing for divorce Ex-parte or temporary orders Children and who will have custody a. Legal b. Physical Parenting time... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

31,476 answers this week

3,603 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

31,476 answers this week

3,603 attorneys answering