Skip to main content

Do I need representation to go to court to have a no contact order dropped? Does the DA going to be there and ask questions?

Canby, OR |

Due to over stress with buying a home , changing county's and Dr's , fixing the house and Mike not having a drivers license , bill collectors for remaining balances on the place Mike moved from , PEG , ware , cleaning fees , etc . Mike was on overload . He hit the stove top , punched a hole in the wall , and he didn't have any of his medicines that control his over anxiety as needed . I went to call 911 , and reported that he disconnected the phone so i couldn't call anyone , but that's not the case . I have Major Jack Plus home phone system . It does not recognize any 3 digits numbers , it requires area code plus the 7 digit number . When he went for a walk to calm down I called the police to report this . I have anxiety attacks , this put me in over drive and over reacting . I didn't want house dams

Attorney Answers 3

  1. Technically no, you do not need to have an attorney to ask for a no contact order to be lifted; but, it is probably a good idea, and a helpful idea to have an attorney. No contact orders are very unlikely to be lifted or modified in domestic cases. Also, you should not post the facts of the case on a public forum. You should consult with an attorney in private regarding your situation.

    Nothing discussed should be taken as legal advice. Posting details of your case on an open forum could be used against you, so use extreme caution. The best way to get legal advice is to consult privately with an attorney.

  2. I agree with Mr. Justice. I write separately only to mention that this situation appears to have already been asked and answered in this thread:
    Asking multiple times won't change the answer, but it will increase the chances that someone might see this, identify who you are from the personal details mentioned, and use it against you. You really should keep names and identifying details off the internet.

    Please read the following notice: <br> <br> Jay Bodzin is licensed to practice law in the State of Oregon and the Federal District of Oregon, and cannot give advice about the laws of other jurisdictions. All comments on this site are intended for informational purposes only, and do not constitute legal advice or create an attorney-client relationship. No posts or comments on this site are in any way confidential. Each case is unique. You are advised to have counsel at all stages of any legal proceeding, and to speak with your own lawyer in private to get advice about your specific situation. <br> <br> Jay Bodzin, Northwest Law Office, 2075 SW First Avenue, Suite 2J, Portland, OR 97201 | Telephone: 503-227-0965 | Facsimile: 503-345-0926 | Email: | Online:

  3. Nobody is required to have a lawyer represent them in court. But this is like saying nobody is required to have a doctor to perform surgery on themselves. Sure, you can get a knife out of the drawer and try, but you'd be a fool. The same goes for going into court without a lawyer.

    The DA (or other government representatives) may very well be there, they may ask questions and put their own witnesses on the stand and present their own evidence, and the judge may also ask questions.

    Portland Defender
    1001 Southwest 5th Avenue #1100
    Portland, OR 97204
    (503) 592-0606