Do I need personal injury lawyer?

Atlanta, GA |

Hi,
I was involved in accident on 04/20 with other party at fault.other party insurance company accepted liability and they offered me check for minor injury on my son leg and my wife who is pregnant. My question is that should I accept what they offer me or what are the other options available to me?

Your other option is to hire a personal injury attorney in GA to negotiate a higher amount.

Nothing in this communication should be construed as creating an attorney client relationship. This is for informational purposes only. Attorney will take no action on your behalf unless and until a written retainer agreement is signed. There are strict time deadlines on filing claims and, as such, you are advised to consult with and retain an attorney immediately to file such claims timely or you will lose any right to recovery. Any testimonials or endorsements should not be construed as a guarantee, warranty or prediction of the outcome of your case.

I would recommend talking to a local area Atlanta personal injury attorney. Most personal injury attorneys do not charge for an initial limited time consultation. Also, most personal injury attorneys work on a contingent basis which means there is no fee allowed the attorney until either a settlement or judgment occurs. You really can't go wrong. Best of luck.

Mr. Crosner is licensed to practice law in California and has been practicing law in California since 1978. The response herein is general legal and business analysis.. It is not intended nor construed to be "legal advice" but rather it is analysis, and different lawyers may analyze this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. See also avvo.com terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.

Personal injury lawyers get paid to obtain better results than an injured person could get the insurance company to pay them if they did not have a lawyer. There is no guarantee that a personal injury lawyer is going to obtain a better result, but the only way to know is to sit down with one and go over the facts of your case and get advice about the offer you've been given. Most personal injury lawyers will give you a free consultation. Best of luck to you.

No attorney client relationship has been, or is being formed as a result of this response to your question. If you feel you need legal advice, you are strongly encouraged to retain an attorney and consult with that attorney about this issue.

You should consult a personal injury attorney for the following reasons: 1. you have a plenty of time to make a decision on whether to hire an attorney or not, most states have at least a two year statute of limitations. 2. your injuries may get worse, your accident was not long ago and sometimes injuries progressively get worse over time. 3. an attorney can quickly analyze case value and determine whether they will be able to get you more in your pocket than what insurance is offering now. many factors go into determining value and should be done by an experienced and local attorney.

Hold on there red rover. The accident just happened a couple of weeks ago. You do not know the extent of the injuries. My recommendation is that you hire an attorney and don't rush to settle. I typically wait at least a year. You do different activities winter, spring summer and fall. You don't want to settle now and then when ski season rolls around hear, my leg hurts every time I make a left turn.

This response does not create a lawyer client relationship. Each case is determined on its specific facts and this reply is intended for a general audience and facts particular to your case may affect the answer. Consult with an attorney in person for specific answers to your questions.

It has only been 10 days since the incident! I would absolutely not accept any settlement until you at least know the full extent of the injuries AND other damages (lost wages, medical bills, psychological affects, scars, fetus OK, etc.) A free consultation with a personal injury lawyer could only be to your advantage.

Law Office of Robert G. Rothstein (Atlanta)
404-216-1422 or
see us at: www.rgrothsteinlaw.com

Disclaimer: This response is provided to you by attorney Robert G. Rothstein (404) 216-1422 for educational and informational purposes only.No attorney-client relationship has been created hereby. Other attorneys may have different opinions or responses. If you found this response helpful, please indicate Best Answer to Avvo. Thank you.

Without a lawyer, you're likely being offered a tiny nuisance settlement, typically 1/10th the true value of the claim. Retain a top-rated Avvo attorney with a low contingency fee, and get the maximum possible compensation.

You're going to better off with an attorney representing your interests. No question.

*Attorney Thomas Andrew Miller (678-807-9519) provided this Reply which is intended to be helpful to the Asker and the Avvo Community, but it does not constitute legal advice and does not create any attorney-client relationship. You are urged to seek the advice of an attorney or, in some cases, a tax professional, before taking any action. **Was this Answer helpful? Please click to give the Answer a Helpful Vote or make it the Best Answer!