Do I need personal injury lawyer?

Asked about 1 year ago - Atlanta, GA

Hi,
I was involved in accident on 04/20 with other party at fault.other party insurance company accepted liability and they offered me check for minor injury on my son leg and my wife who is pregnant. My question is that should I accept what they offer me or what are the other options available to me?

1. Keith Samuel Hasson

6

Answered . Personal injury lawyers get paid to obtain better results than an injured person could get the insurance company to pay them if they did not have a lawyer. There is no guarantee that a personal injury lawyer is going to obtain a better result, but the only way to know is to sit down with one and go over the facts of your case and get advice about the offer you've been given. Most personal injury lawyers will give you a free consultation. Best of luck to you.

2. Robert G. Rothstein

6

Answered . It has only been 10 days since the incident! I would absolutely not accept any settlement until you at least know the full extent of the injuries AND other damages (lost wages, medical bills, psychological affects, scars, fetus OK, etc.) A free consultation with a personal injury lawyer could only be to your advantage.

Law Office of Robert G. Rothstein (Atlanta)
    404-216-1422 or
    see us at: www.rgrothsteinlaw.com

3. Ricky J Park

Pro

6

Answered . You should consult a personal injury attorney for the following reasons: 1. you have a plenty of time to make a decision on whether to hire an attorney or not, most states have at least a two year statute of limitations. 2. your injuries may get worse, your accident was not long ago and sometimes injuries progressively get worse over time. 3. an attorney can quickly analyze case value and determine whether they will be able to get you more in your pocket than what insurance is offering now. many factors go into determining value and should be done by an experienced and local attorney.

Pro

5

Answered . Without a lawyer, you're likely being offered a tiny nuisance settlement, typically 1/10th the true value of the claim. Retain a top-rated Avvo attorney with a low contingency fee, and get the maximum possible compensation.

5. Steven Mark Sweat

4

Answered . Your other option is to hire a personal injury attorney in GA to negotiate a higher amount.

6. Richard H. Wooster

4

Answered . Hold on there red rover. The accident just happened a couple of weeks ago. You do not know the extent of the injuries. My recommendation is that you hire an attorney and don't rush to settle. I typically wait at least a year. You do different activities winter, spring summer and fall. You don't want to settle now and then when ski season rolls around hear, my leg hurts every time I make a left turn.

7. Albert Lee Crosner

3

Answered . I would recommend talking to a local area Atlanta personal injury attorney. Most personal injury attorneys do not charge for an initial limited time consultation. Also, most personal injury attorneys work on a contingent basis which means there is no fee allowed the attorney until either a settlement or judgment occurs. You really can't go wrong. Best of luck.

8. Thomas Andrew Miller

1

Answered . You're going to better off with an attorney representing your interests. No question.

One or more answers have been taken down.