Do I need New LCA before filing for visa amendment or first file for amendment and then file for new LCA?

Bentonville, AR |

I am on H1B visa, Now I need to move to new location with new job responsibilities.

You must obtain a certified LCA prior to submitting an H1 amendment petition. I would advise speaking to an attorney as there is still a great deal of debate as to when and if an H1 amendment is required.

Let your employer worry about this.

This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. Any comments offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. If you would like additional information based on this response, please contact my office at 510 657 7665 or 415 902 0832 to schedule a consultation.

Your EMPLOYER needs to obtain the LCA and then do the filing.

Your employer needs to retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise them, and handle the case. Your employer can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.