Do I need New LCA before filing for visa amendment or first file for amendment and then file for new LCA?

Asked over 1 year ago - Bentonville, AR

I am on H1B visa, Now I need to move to new location with new job responsibilities.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Kamlesan Naidoo

    Contributor Level 10


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You must obtain a certified LCA prior to submitting an H1 amendment petition. I would advise speaking to an attorney as there is still a great deal of debate as to when and if an H1 amendment is required.

  2. Tripti Sharad Sharma


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Let your employer worry about this.

    This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known.... more
  3. J Charles Ferrari

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Your EMPLOYER needs to obtain the LCA and then do the filing.

    Your employer needs to retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise them, and handle the case. Your employer can find one through

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more

Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.

US visas

There are many types of immigrant and non-immigrant visas, including work visas, student visas, and marriage visas.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

24,444 answers this week

2,955 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

24,444 answers this week

2,955 attorneys answering