Do I need my husbands signature when i file for divorce in Nebraska

Asked over 2 years ago - Omaha, NE

Both parties have lived in Nebraska for more than one year.We are currently Legally Seperated.

1. Ryan Douglas Caldwell

2

Answered . You will file the divorce individually. So your husband would not sign the actual Complaint for Dissolution of Marriage. After your case is filed, you have two ways to go: 1) You and your husband can sign off on a divorce decree or 2) if he does not respond, you can have a default hearing and if your decree follows the law, then the judge will sign off on it.

Since you have already had a Legal Separation Decree, you probably want an attorney to help you through the process, because it may be a situation where the Separation Decree would be used in your divorce case.

2. Brendan Michael Kelly

Pro

1

Answered . Your soon to be ex does not have to sign off. You need to have him served and then he can respond if he wants to. Call me I would be happy to help.

3. Ashley Lee Albertsen

1

Answered . You have the option of asking that he voluntarily appear, but if he would not be willing to do that then you would file for divorce and have him served.